We minimize material use, weight and processing time
- In our packaging solutions, the plastic film makes up less than 1% of total volume. A HDPE or LDPE air cushion is incredibly efficient in this respect: it provides best-in-class product protection while at the same time using less material than any other solution! A plastic air cushion is 99.0% to 99.5% air, so it is best to think of it as an air product rather than a plastic product.
- Less processing time. We increase productivity and speed of packing due to tailor made integrations. An additive advantage is the more ergonomic position working position, that results in healthier employees.
- We constantly work on further down gauging the film. Over 2017 to 2018 we managed to reduce our average film thickness by nearly 3% without losing its high standard protective capabilities.
- We minimize the amount of scrap in our production and at the packaging operation. Via continuous improvement we managed to reduce our waste below 2.5% aiming for <2% end of this year.
- We offer pack training at customers’ sites to ensure efficient use of our material. (This is combined with ergonomic instructions).
We minimize transportation and storage costs
- Air cushions are inflated on location; therefore transport and storage of the packaging material is minimal.
- Our materials do the job they are made for: – protecting valuable products. This results in less returns and damaged goods and therefore less ‘unnecessary’ transportation.